Sometimes computer replacement could became a headache, especially if the old one have a certificate with not exportable key and we don’t have a copy of the original file (Who are going to need this?). This kind of certificates normally are important and difficult to obtain, for this reason maybe you want to avoid a new request.
Afortunately when you try to export a certificate and the key is not exportable exists another way that can help you to do that, there is a tool called JailBreak (important not to confuse with iphone tool), and it’s magical.
- Download JailBreak zip file from https://github.com/iSECPartners/jailbreak
- Unzip where you want, in my case I use C:\jb
- Open a command prompt as Administrator
- Go to the folder where you had unzipped Jailbreak (for example C:\jb\binaries
- Run this command to open Cert manager console:
jailbreak64.exe %WINDIR%\system32\mmc.exe %WINDIR%\system32\certmgr.msc -64
Now you are able to export any certificate with private key.
Hope you’ll find this usefull